Monday, June 2, 2008

Palmer's 9 Month Check Up

As many of you know we have been stuggling with Palmer's weight. I've been anxious about her checkup. We went this morning. She weighs 13 lbs, 3 oz and is 24 1/2 inches long. So, what does that mean? She is below the 3rd percentile in height and weight. She has gained 1 lb, 3 oz. since her 6 month checkup. The doctor said that she has made her own curve below the normal curve. She is continally growing, she's just smaller that most kiddos her age. The doctor does not think she is failure to thrive. He said that typically with that, the baby's height grows normally and the weight lags behind. That's not he case with Palmer. Both her height and weight are below average, she is proportionate.

The doctor said that he's going to give her until a year to try to catch up at little. If at that point she hasn't started catching up, he's going to run some tests to see if there is a reason she's not growing faster. He seems to think she is just petite. We have to go for a weight check in a month to make sure she is gaining weight. Developmentally, she is doing great!

She loves to eat, so I know that is not an issue. She nurses until she is finished and is eating all kinds of table food. We haven't found anything yet that she doesn't like!

I know that she is fine, she is a beautiful healthy baby girl. But as a mom, you always worry about what could be wrong. In my gut I know there's nothing wrong with her, but I'm a worry wart and stress too easily about things. I'm trying my best not to stress over it and just enjoy my two healthy girls.

Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts and prayers!

No comments: